Construction and Development

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Zoning Variance through City

Posted 01-10-2022 12:20 AM
    First I would like to say that if this is the wrong location for this I apologize. I Have a meeting with the city coming up to discuss a possible variance on some land that I currently own to allow me to build Enclosed Boat & RV storage. I am looking for anyone that has experience in dealing with this. This is the first for me and I am a little nervous about it and also feel that I am not prepared. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Respectfully, 
    Chris

------------------------------
    Christopher Teal
    Splendora boat & RV Storage
    Porter TX
    (832) 233-5236

• 2.  RE: Zoning Variance through City

Posted 01-11-2022 08:54 AM
    Your Civil Engineer would normally take care of permitting. In your area, John Bandas is as good as they come -

jbandas@bleylengineering.com 

Monty Rainey
    Chief Executive Officer
    RPM Storage Management, LLC
    New Braunfels TX
    (830) 832-9496

• 3.  RE: Zoning Variance through City

Posted 01-11-2022 01:11 PM
    Hello Monty, 
    I appreciate your response and will keep that contact handy. So I am not working on the permitting at this point but rather getting approval for a variance to change the current property from residential to commercial to allow for this type of development to take place. I was looking to see if anyone on here had done this kind of activity and would be able to provide feedback as to whether this usually works and is accepted or is it 90% failure. Also, I was hoping to hear some of the key points that the city looks at to get approval. I appreciate your feedback nonetheless as it is still beneficial to me. 

Respectfully, 
    Christopher Teal

Christopher Teal
    Splendora Boat & RV Storage
    Porter TX
    (832) 233-5236

• 4.  RE: Zoning Variance through City

Posted 01-12-2022 08:27 AM
    Chris, 
    Its hard to give a blanket answer.  All jurisdictions are a little different and some are more developer friendly than others.  I would talk to a civil engineer, a land use attorney and someone in zoning with the city.  Between these three contacts you should be able to get a good feel for the process and how you need to prepare for the hearing.

Andrew Guinn
    Director of Investments
    NitNeil Partners
    Austin TX
    (903) 780-2728

• 5.  RE: Zoning Variance through City

Posted 01-14-2022 09:38 PM
    Andrew, 
    I appreciate your response and will look into this. I was supposed to meet with the city on Monday the 17th but I postponed it until the February meeting because I was simply just not ready. I have an individual that is supposed to be assisting me so hopefully, I will be able to get this taken care of successfully.

Christopher Teal
    Splendora Boat & RV Storage
    Porter TX
    (832) 233-5236