Construction and Development

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Greetings on the phone- Does anyone identify themselves in Texas? LOL

Posted 08-16-2021 10:16 PM
    Hi all- I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

The only persons who identify themselves when calling our facility are salespersons.  Everyone else says, "My gate code doesn't work/I need to make a payment, etc...to which I reply- "Well, we don't have a tenant by the name of Frank Sinatra here, is there another name you'd like to give me?"  What is it with people in Texas not identifying themselves on the phone?  Does anyone else have this dilemma or is it just my rural Houston demographic?

It's rather like check out personnel in Colorado grocery stores asking if I've checked my eggs.  Maybe it's a regional anomaly?

Best Regards,

------------------------------
    Megan Baker
    T-5 Investments

• 2.  RE: Greetings on the phone- Does anyone identify themselves in Texas? LOL

Posted 08-27-2021 11:54 AM
    Hi Megan,

LOL, is that not normal?? I was born and raised in the suburbs of Houston, TX and think nothing of saying "what's the last name or unit number" several times a day when people call for those reasons, ha! I'm inclined to think it's a Texas thing but I've never lived anywhere else so I can't say for sure :)

JoLea Conn
    OnSite Manager
    ALL*STAR STORAGE
    Richmond TX
    (281) 341-7867

• 3.  RE: Greetings on the phone- Does anyone identify themselves in Texas? LOL

Posted 08-27-2021 12:07 PM
    Haha- maybe it is normal.  At least it helps me distinguish tenants from telemarketers.  However, yesterday I had a guy call and say, "What's the gate code?!" I asked him what his unit number was and he said, "I just wanted to come in and look around."

I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Good to know this is not an anomaly.  :-)