Let's talk about self storage.

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Software provider forcing Credit Card processing

Posted 04-25-2023 10:09 AM

Does anyone else have a problem with their Software company forcing their own Credit Card processing as your only option?  They are a large company so I need not mention the name here.  But it bothers me on many levels.  Anti-trust, higher fee's, fox in the hen house and mandated force of service.
    I was paying 2.3'ish % overall for processing CC & ACH.  And paying about $90 / month for the software.  Now, software is $126 and processing is 2.6 %.  Overall it's about $1,000 / yr more.  Not horrible, but I am a small fish.  What does it cost the big boys?  I see a Class action lawsuit.

------------------------------
    Thomas Kent
    United Storage of Bowie
    Bowie TX
    (972) 672-2120

• 2.  RE: Software provider forcing Credit Card processing

Posted 04-26-2023 02:04 PM

We had similar experience.

Yes, very frustrating. 

We have heard differing thoughts on if it is legal to pass these charges onto customers.

Our feeling is it is not something we want to do but the charges are adding up... and we are small fish too. 

Hunter Valley Storage

New Braunfels, Tx

• 3.  RE: Software provider forcing Credit Card processing

Posted 04-26-2023 02:21 PM

I find it very frustrating and have looked at other software companies because of it. I feel held over a barrel and don't like it at all. But, in the end, better the devil I know how to use, than the devil I don't. Sad to say in our amazing industry, but true. 

JoLea Conn
    OnSite Manager
    ALL*STAR STORAGE
    Richmond TX
    (281) 341-7867

• 4.  RE: Software provider forcing Credit Card processing

Posted 05-01-2023 05:50 PM

I do have a problem with being held hostage to the software company's merchant services. My company has recently forced this on all their users. I did voice my opinion to them but it fell on deaf ears. I had a choice when I first signed up with them and now I do not. It is costing more to process everything. It is not fair to customers to have to pass the cost to them.

Allen Kaiser
    Co-Owner
    Arena Properties LLC (DBA: Arena Self Storage
    Center Point TX
    (830) 634-3168

• 5.  RE: Software provider forcing Credit Card processing

Posted 05-01-2023 07:49 PM
    I am confident that there will be a class action lawsuit over this.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
    Get Outlook for Android