Let's talk about self storage.

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  How to value cost when purchase additional units

Posted 01-25-2024 10:18 AM

considering buying more units... some are older but seems to be decent occupancy ... how do you evaluate the sell price  other than cash flow   ... what is the  building cost per square foot new?       just trying to make a sound investment ..  

------------------------------
    Lisa Christian
    Hwy 7 West Storage
    Center TX
    (936) 488-0567

• 2.  RE: How to value cost when purchase additional units

Posted 01-25-2024 10:48 AM
    "It depends" will be most responses.
    Interest rates going up makes CAP rate go up as well. Example I was selling mine asking 8.25 CAP producing $280K yr'ly that is $3,400,000. After rates increased the CAP rate changed to something closer to 10 Cap or $2,800,000. So, I won't sell. My units are outside the city, no restrictions in small town USA holding 95 - 100% occupancy for the last 4 years. I was not required to submit blueprints or get approvals for any building. That last building I put in was 50/50 climate control and non - but all spray foamed. 13,200 sq ft and total cost was $33 / sq ft that was Aug 2021. That same bldg June 2023 was quoted at $50.6 / sq ft. Today maybe $5 cheaper. BUT that is in that town, dirt owned, no designs / blueprints required. I charge 25% more than anyone else in town and have people drive 60 miles to come store with me.
    I am getting a new quote as we speak for East TX. I am going to build some more now.

Texas law requires all real estate licensees to give
    the following information about brokerage services to prospective buyers, tenants, sellers and landlords.

Information About Brokerage Services
    Thomas Kent

Parker Properties|Realtor
    Cell: 972-672-2120

www.unitedstoragebowietx.com

• 3.  RE: How to value cost when purchase additional units

Posted 01-25-2024 01:16 PM

thanks for the info   I'm in rural texas and I have some units .... but don't want to over do in this market lot of people are building climate control and not of these units are   ... feel there be be a market for those    but people are building these things right and left   

Lisa Christian
    Hwy 7 West Storage
    Center TX
    (936) 488-0567