Let's talk about self storage.

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Container Storage

Posted 12-28-2023 01:41 PM

Hope you guys had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year!! We are starting to research shipping containers as an alternate to more buildings on our property. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this? Did you buy new or used containers? Pros? Cons? Anyone in the Houston or Austin/San Antonio area that would let us come look at your set up? Right now we just have theories and salesman pitches. The public isn't allowed at shipping yards so we will buying without seeing them in person. We would really like to actually see them set up and being used before we commit to anything.

------------------------------
    JoLea Conn
    OnSite Manager
    ALL*STAR STORAGE
    Richmond TX
    (281) 341-7867

• 2.  RE: Container Storage

Posted 12-29-2023 11:34 AM

Bought a few for a property I manager many years ago.  These were containers that were not converted for self-storage use.  No roll up doors just the big swing doors that come with the container.  I would recommend putting in partition wall in the middle then putting in 2 standard roll up doors.  But I quess id depends on what size is needed.  I paid around $1500 for the containers 20 years ago.  I am sure they will be more now.  Be sure they are out of sight of the city.  Zoning codes usually do not allow containers on a permanent basis.  You should bet the same rent for them as a standard unit. 

Doug Hunt
    Owner
    Owners Management Company, Inc.
    Lancaster TX
    (214) 742-9499

• 3.  RE: Container Storage

Posted 01-02-2024 12:07 PM

Hi Jolea, We have a self storage, startup that we use storage containers exclusively for. We have had this business for a little over a year now. I've learned a lot! lol. feel free to reach to me. 

Kelly Jones
    Texas Container Self Storage
    Quinlan TX
    (214) 604-7914

• 4.  RE: Container Storage

Posted 01-02-2024 04:07 PM

Just received emai from broker that has storage containers for sell.  Looks like they are ready to rent.  Broker is in southesat so shipping would be involved.

Lindsey Self Storage Group <list@lindseyselfstoragegroup.com>

Doug Hunt
    Owner
    Owners Management Company, Inc.
    Lancaster TX
    (214) 742-9499