Boat & RV Facilities

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Customers using Boat/RV/TT facility as business lot.

Posted 12-13-2021 09:18 AM
    Hello all,

We have several businesses who are using our facility as their parking for commercial vehicles, trailers, equipment, etc...
    I have an issue with the wear and tear on property and not knowing personally who comes and goes as employees of these businesses. 
    Does anyone have good information, suggestions, experience with this situation? I want to convince partners not to allow or at least document this better.
    Also, could we charge more for these businesses, which are now paying the same $65.00 per space as other customers who store boat, RV and TT and minimally use the facility.

Any advise or suggestion is appreciated! 
    Thank you! 

------------------------------
    Keri DuBose
    Hunter Valley Storage
    New Braunfels TX
    (830) 627-4566

• 2.  RE: Customers using Boat/RV/TT facility as business lot.

Posted 12-14-2021 08:36 AM
    Keri,

Im not sure what you use for property entry and exit. We use Doorking as our managment system and dual keypads. Everyone must enter their own code to enter or leave the property. We have cameras mounted directly on top of the key pads so that we have a visual of that person entering the code. We can if needed reference the two times and tell you who entered what code and when. With your commercial customers each driver would be given a code and you could look at the activity and build a better sense of who is coming and going. That would at least allow you to make an informed decision.  We dont have any commercial accounts as of yet and truth be told I am not sure we would want any. They are hard on parking surfaces and we dont want the increased traffic. If you have any questions on our system feel free to give me call.

We also use the rope with anchors on our caliche lot. Works well and is easily replaced when needed. 

Gene

Carl Schach
    Owner/Operator
    North Edinburg RV and Boat Storage LLC
    Edinburg TX
    (956) 533-1205

• 3.  RE: Customers using Boat/RV/TT facility as business lot.

Posted 12-16-2021 02:41 PM
    Thank you very much!!

Bertram Jentsch
    Hunter Valley Storage
    New Braunfels TX
    (830) 627-4566

• 4.  RE: Customers using Boat/RV/TT facility as business lot.

Posted 12-15-2021 01:11 PM
    Hi Keri,

I have had some experience with businesses/commercial vehicles/their employees.   
    I charge varying rates, depending on the amount of space they need and their circumstances to use of property. 
    I have purposely discouraged certain businesses from renting at my facility due to the amount of unknown people (their employees) that would potentially have the codes to access my facility at any time.  The risk is too great as employee turnover is so high.  Nothing is to stop an ex-employee to come in and possibly commit theft or vandalism.  
    The businesses that have been allowed to rent space, have been single or married couple owners with no employees.  
    If there were employees that had access, I would limit their hours of access and have the business owners notify you immediately upon their termination and change access codes. I would also have them give you an updated list of their employees and vehicles regularly.    

Rhonda Gilde
    Spicewood Boat & RV Storage, LLC
    Spicewood TX
    (512) 756-3000

• 5.  RE: Customers using Boat/RV/TT facility as business lot.

Posted 12-16-2021 02:42 PM
    Thank you very much!! 
    This is the way I am thinking also!

Bertram Jentsch
    Hunter Valley Storage
    New Braunfels TX
    (830) 627-4566