Manager's Corner

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  RV auction

Posted 02-09-2022 12:59 PM
    Hi there,
    I have an RV that I don't have any information about and the customer has stopped paying. They won't return calls, texts, or emails. Our last contact with them was they didn't have the money to pay for the space anymore. We immediately said we would help them get it sold but they haven't responded. I can't find the Vin# on it so I can't send off for the state records. I don't think I can legally sell it at auction without this information because I can't transfer title, right??

------------------------------
    JoLea Conn
    OnSite Manager
    ALL*STAR STORAGE
    Richmond TX
    (281) 341-7867

• 2.  RE: RV auction

Posted 02-10-2022 03:17 PM

Search google for a dealer that carries the RV brand they should be able to tell where the VIN is located.

Does it have a license plate that can be searched.?

Do you have a home address? Go visit the person. Ask them to sign a release to let you sell and tell them any excess proceeds they get. 

I have had similar problems.  I now have stricter rules for ANY AND ALL vehicles stored at my locations.

1. Vehicle must be drivable.  If it doesn't run I don't want it.  They pay for a while they abandoned it.  And you end up selling the RV/Boat/Car.
    2. They must give me a copy of the title (I want to be sure they on it).  This also shows any lienholder that might need to be not ified. 
    3. It must be insured.  If its not worth insuring, see #1.
    4. They have to be set up on automatic credit card for payment. 

These rules are not a guarantee, but they do resolve 80% of any problems.  Last moth I told a friend I wound store his car because he didn't have insurance.  I was a project card.  If you rent to junkie vehicles the nice one will not come in. 

Douglas Hunt

Owners Management Co.

Access Self Storage

OMC Gate Co.

3404 N. I-35E

Lancaster, TX 75134

Off -214-742-9499

Cell- 214-236-7474

• 3.  RE: RV auction

Posted 03-25-2022 06:45 PM
    Hi JoLea, 

In similar cases, we follow the auction process (send out the NOF letter, wait the appropriate time) then instead of auctioning the unit. We have gotten it towed off the property. 

If you want the revenue to offset your loss in income. Then partner up with a live auctioneer...they usually are good at finding this information and will charge you $100. Text me and I can send you the phone number for the live auctioneer in Dallas that I have used in the past. 

Hope this helps.

Raheem Amer
    SVP - Operations
    Mini Mall Storage
    Frisco TX
    (630) 660-2637