Let's talk about self storage.

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Online auction

Posted 02-28-2022 09:34 AM
    Hello all. I was wondering if any of you hold auctions online, and if so, which site has worked well for you? Is it okay to use social media sites like Facebook Matketplace to sell items?
    TIA,
    Shelly

Sent from my iPhone

• 2.  RE: Online auction

Posted 03-02-2022 02:22 PM
    We are currently using storageauctions.com, and they are great.  We have also previously used selfstorageauctions.com.  They were both easy to use and we had good results

------------------------------
    Holly Denbow
    Facility Manager
    Ideal Self Storage
    Corsicana TX
    (903) 874-4554

• 3.  RE: Online auction

Posted 03-14-2022 03:28 PM
    I'm pretty sure facebook marketplace doesn't satisfy the legal requirement for selling lien items through a public auction. That would also be difficult to call out on your newspaper ad. Not an attorney though, so you'd want to consult with one before going that route for sure. There are a ton of professional storage auction sites to use (storageauctions.com, storagetreasures.com, lockerfox, etc). Storageauctions.com is definitely a good one, and their reps will help you get an account set up and will help you get your auctions loaded.

Katie Cowen
    Move It Self Storage, LP
    Dallas TX
    (214) 389-3939, x 5501

• 4.  RE: Online auction

Posted 03-15-2022 01:41 PM
    I tried several different auction sites until I found one that had more buyers in my area. There are several that are easy to work with and help you satisfy the legal requirements.

Jeanne Dube
    Solid Ground Storage
    505 W US HWY 290
    Elgin, Tx 78621