Let's talk about self storage.

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Short Term Lease question

Posted 03-15-2022 09:31 AM
    Good morning everyone, my name is Martin and I manage a Record Storage Facility as well as a recent Boat & RV Parking Facility.

We have had a customer who paid for RV Storage for 1 month and is advising us that he will not be in town to Move Out on 03/20 which is the date that he has paid up to. 

We have only set up our system to charge monthly fee's as we really do not want to get into daily fee's. So really the customer should have to pay the whole month.

Has anyone else come across this and if so what did you do.

Regards

Martin

------------------------------
    Martin Devitt
    Operations Manager
    Dallas RV Parking & Storage
    Dallas TX
    (469) 835-9630

• 2.  RE: Short Term Lease question

Posted 03-16-2022 08:07 AM
    Martin, your thought is correct.  Rentals are on a month to month basis.  You pay for one month in advance.  If he's not out on the 20th, charge his card and he's got another 30 days at his convenience to move out.

Good luck.  John McAfee 214-923-0070

• 3.  RE: Short Term Lease question

Posted 03-16-2022 08:14 AM
    Hi Martin
    My leases are minimum of 1 month. We prorate the first month so everyone is due on the 1st. It’s easier to keep up with past dues this way. A tenant can stay 2 days to 20 + years. If they are in residence past the 1st they owe that month no matter what day they move out. Hope this helps!

Jeanne Dube
    Solid Ground Storage
    505 W US HWY 290
    Elgin, Tx 78621

• 4.  RE: Short Term Lease question

Posted 03-16-2022 08:29 AM
    Martin, we charge $60 a month or $25 a week. We are husband and wife owned and operated. 160 spot facility. Easy enough to manage for now. A weekly charge may not fit into your operation.

Gene

Carl Schach
    Owner/Operator
    North Edinburg RV and Boat Storage LLC
    Edinburg TX
    (956) 533-1205