Let's talk about self storage.

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Auctions with newly acquired facilities

Posted 02-21-2022 02:17 PM
    Good afternoon everyone! 

We have a facility that we just recently acquired. We have been updating all of the records and having tenants who we could not find leases on sign them. One of the tenants has gone into auction status now. We mailed her notice of claim and have followed all guidelines. However, the lease she signed is dated 2/9/2022. Do we now need to send out a new notice of claim and start the process over beginning 2/9/2022? 

I know that we need a signed lease to auction units. We send out the notice of claims to all tenants whether we can auction them or not to try and get them to contact us and work out something. I just didn't know if a newly signed lease would suffice or if we need to start the process over. 

Has anyone ever run into this situation? I looked at the GoldBook but didn't see anything. 

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Terri Wood
    Ideal Self Storage on Industrial
    Waco TX
    (254) 301-4071

• 2.  RE: Auctions with newly acquired facilities

Posted 03-25-2022 06:39 PM
    The rule is not based on when the customer signed the lease... it's based on when they moved into your system and when they went delinquent. Getting a customer that is late to resign a lease doesn't restart the auction process.

Raheem Amer
    SVP - Operations
    Mini Mall Storage
    Frisco TX
    (630) 660-2637

• 3.  RE: Auctions with newly acquired facilities

Posted 03-28-2022 01:33 PM
    Music to my ears Raheem!!!!!!!!!! That is what I thought but I did want to get someone else's take on it. Thank you so much for the response!

Terri Wood
    District Manager
    Ideal Self Storage
    Waco TX
    (254) 301-4071