Women in Self Storage

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Hello!

Posted 03-11-2021 05:14 PM
    Thank you for adding this group!  We have a lot of strong Texas women crushing the self storage stage from owners, operators, managers, vendors, and developers, it will be fun to have a safe place to share ideas and battle stories!

------------------------------
    Denise Bowley
    Owner
    Self Storage Science, LLC
    Lufkin TX
    (936) 632-5533

• 2.  RE: Hello!

Posted 09-27-2021 01:27 PM
    Hi Denise,
    Currently looking into setting up an RV/Boat storage, although with metal prices escalating i will probably have to delay buildings.
    I currently do gutter repair for several facilities in the Travis/Williamson County area.
    It is very confusing trying to figure all the in's and out's of having a facility when you haven't run one.
    Fencing, gravel, security, gates, websites, lights - trying to find out what works with what for the gates/website sign ups etc is challenging.  They all want to sell you their system but don't promise it can work with certain gates etc.  Almost like what came first the chicken or the egg.
    Do I just install what I want for gate/fencing, then go find the software to work with it?

Joann Rogers
    Five Star Gutters & Services, Inc.
    Taylor TX
    (512) 944-3924

• 3.  RE: Hello!

Posted 09-27-2021 01:43 PM
    Joann, as long as your gate will work with the access software ( most do ) you can have your gate and fencing installed prior to your software.

Since you are building a RV/Boat Storage you may want to look into software that offers an app for your customers to open the gate as they are coming through the facility.

Best of luck to you!

Denise Bowley
    Owner
    1705 Feagin Drive
    Lufkin, TX 75904
    936-635-7030 (c)
    936-632-5533 (o)