Let's talk about self storage.

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Elevator maintenace

Posted 02-25-2021 12:35 PM
    Is anyone pleased with maintenance options....do you feel we have to do annual contracts
    With manufacturer (thyssen, shindler, Dover)

------------------------------
    Robert Loeb
    SurePoint Self Storage
    Houston TX
    (713) 968-9862

• 2.  RE: Elevator maintenace

Posted 03-08-2021 10:46 AM
    I do an annual maintenance contract but would prefer not to. However the one time I needed a repair the expense was high enough to scare me into contract. I would like to know what others think also.

Jeanne Dube
    Solid Ground Storage
    Elgin TX
    (512) 281-5779

• 3.  RE: Elevator maintenace

Posted 03-08-2021 11:53 AM
    Elevator use (and thus maintenance and timely repair) is critical to our urban in-fill locations.  I have found that with a board replacement, hydraulic line repair, or another fairly sizable repair, the cost of repair equates to the annual service/maintenance plan; therefore we purchase the service agreements.  I have found TKE (more than Schindler) to be more open to negotiating terms in their 5+ year plans: cap on annual price escalations, discounts on pay-in-full annual term, etc.  

It would be great to hear from someone that utilizes an independent elevator repair/maintenance company on the service level and average annual cost on their elevator if they are not utilizing an Service Contract with one of the big 3 elevator companies.

Bobby Grover
    Big Tex Storage, LLC
    Houston TX
    (832) 387-5825

• 4.  RE: Elevator maintenace

Posted 03-09-2021 08:50 AM
    Thanks Bobby! I would like more information on TKE.

Jeanne Dube
    Solid Ground Storage
    505 W US HWY 290
    Elgin, Tx 78621